Process Improvement Specialist
Gerald N. Lamothe has more than 25 years experience in high growth, fast-paced environments providing solutions that align organizational processes with customer-focused expectations.
He has led the development of Operational Manufacturing and Service Processes from the startup level through established, global firms’ merger and integration activities.
Putting Lean techniques to practice, he has coached, trained and mentored teams through Kaizen events delivering results in reduced cycle times, improved customer satisfaction, and reduced waste.
Gerald’s experience also includes managing Supply Chain Operational Performance both internally and in an outsourced environment. In this capacity he has delivered on Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicator implementations; participated in the development of Life-Cycle management planning; created and advised on Product transfer plans; provided Corrective and Preventive Action management and training; and developed operational excellence capabilities through direct management and leadership of technical staffs.
On a global basis he has project managed Supplier Operations to improve performance by:
- Performing gap analysis and coordinating recovery plans;
- Value Stream mapping, eliminating redundancies and waste across multiple sites and distinct business functions;
- Developing supplier audit plans/criteria and leading teams through supplier capability and qualification audits;
- Project managing Supplier consolidation initiatives and developing Suppliers while outsourcing complex, direct customer-facing technical processes.
With regard to ISO9000:2000 and TL9000, he has led initiatives toward certification; developed corporate QMS quality policy and functional procedures; conducted corporate-wide training in certification and surveillance audit preparedness; participated in many internal surveillance audits; and acted as Management Representative for small and large firms.
Gerald has established himself in the technology sector in processes supporting electronic consumer products, telecommunications, fault-tolerant computing, mainframe and personal computer manufacturing, equipment installations, medical devices, service technologies. He has projected managed large scale IT systems implementations for Oracle and SAP projects.
Education and Experience
- BSBA, Operations Management at Clark University, MA
- Lead Assessor at Perry Johnson Institute
- Advanced studies in LeanSigma